Today ButcherBox is sharing a super yummy recipe with us!
They’re also offering us an AMAZING deal this week, so scroll down below to find out more or click here.
One of the things I LOVE about Butcher box is that its not all ground meat and cheap cuts.
You often get fancy cuts thrown in, like this filet minion.
The recipe below would be great for a filet but also would work well with the 2 FREE 10 oz. New York strips that are included in your box this month if you order by April 20th. You’ll also get $10 off your box, by the way 🙂
Filet Mignon with Sautéed Shiitakes
CUT NAME : 100% Grass-Fed Beef Filet Mignon
Servings: 4 Prep: 10 min Cook: 25 min
ignon comes from the French word meaning “cute” or “dainty,” and JJ Virgin’s filet mignon
recipe perfectly showcases a truly elegant cut that would make a perfect addition to a romantic
evening. Shiitake mushrooms perfectly complement the aromas of macadamia nut, tarragon,
and red wine found in JJ’s dish, originally published in The Virgin Diet Cookbook (Grand Central
Life & Style, 2013).
● 2 8-oz ButcherBox filet mignon
● 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp macadamia nut oil (like this one)
● 1 large shallot, chopped
● ¾ lb shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, quartered
● 1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
● ½ c red wine (or substitute additional ¼ c beef broth)
● ¾ c organic low sodium beef broth (like this one)
● 2 tsp coconut aminos (I like this brand)
● ¾ tsp sea salt (this is my fav)
● ivided¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the
shallots, and cook until they’re starting to soften, 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and tarragon, and cook until mushrooms have softened and started
to brown, 6-7 minutes. Stir in the wine, bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute.
3. Add the broth and coconut aminos, return to a boil, and cook until slightly reduced, about
4 minutes. Stir in ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper; transfer to a
bowl and cover to keep warm.
4. Wipe the skillet with a paper towel; add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and heat over
medium-high. Season steaks with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper
and add to the skillet.
5. Cook steaks, turning once, until medium rare, with an internal temperature of 120°-125°F
(about 4-5 minutes per side). Transfer steaks to serving plate.
6. Return skillet to the stove on medium-high. dd the mushrooms, cook until hot, about 1
minute. Spoon mushrooms over steaks to serve.
Don’t forget to check out the awesome deal from Butcherbox this week! $10 and 2 free NY stip streaks added to your order. Just buy a box by 4/20! Grab the deal here!
So, just as a heads up - some links above may be my affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click on it and make a purchase. Doing so is no additional cost to you, but helps me tremendously. Your support is SO greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance if you choose to do so. Check out my entire disclosure to know exactly how things work.