Today ButcherBox is sharing a super yummy recipe with us!
They’re also offering us an AMAZING deal this week, so scroll down below to find out more or click here.
With the kids back in school and summer vacations and travel coming to end, it is time to dust off the crock pot and return to convenient, one – pot dishes. For a non-cooking pro like myself, crockpot meals are truly my secret weapon. That and sheet pan meals! Anything that requires literally dumping the ingredients into one form of dish and cooking is a win for me.
Can we talk about how impressive it is to pull a delicious meal out of a crockpot that took little to nearly any effort?
In addition, everyone who signs up as a new member of ButcherBox gets a free 2 pounds of ground beef for life. If beef is a cooking staple of yours, definitely take advantage of the promo. Click here to get it.
- 1 ButcherBox Pork Butt
- 6 Tbsp Cajun spice
- 1 c beef broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 c cooked long-grain rice
- ¼ c fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub pork butt all over with 4 Tbsp Cajun spice. Place in slow-cooker and cook on low setting for 6 hrs or high setting for 3-4 hrs. Let rest in liquid for 20 min before shredding. Reserve ¼ c liquid for finishing rice.
- Preheat medium sauté pan, and add oil. Once oil is hot, sauté onions and peppers for 3-5 min, or until color brightens and onions begin to release liquid.
- Add cooked rice, 2 Tbsp Cajun spice, paprika, and reserved pork juices and stir to combine. Cook for 3 more min, or until rice is hot. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with a healthy dollop of shredded pork on top and fresh parsley for garnish. Enjoy!