Today ButcherBox is sharing a super yummy recipe with us!
They’re also offering us an AMAZING deal this week, so scroll down below to find out more or click here.
I’m super familiar with steak. It’s awesome, of course. But sometimes its good to branch out and try a different cut.
And these are pork!
Butcher Box is always coming up with great recipes to share with us. And i love how their boxes will give you favorite cuts but also get you trying new things!
You really have to try this recipe!
Tarragon Pork Blade Steak with Red Peppers and Fennel
This recipe is made using pork blade steak, or pork steak, which comes from the pork shoulder of the pig and contains the blade bone. Similar to roasts, they are rich in marbling, which keeps the cut tender. These are sometimes included in your Butcher Box!
Servings: 2-4 Prep: 10 min Cook: 35 min
The subtle flavor of tarragon is a great way to add a sweet taste to your savory steak.
This herb, native to Asia, is also a member of the lettuce family, and can be added fresh
to any salad mix as well as to vegetables and sauces as a dry spice.
– 2 12-oz ButcherBox Pork Blade Steaks
– 1 Tbsp butter
– 4 Tbsp olive oil, split
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
– 1 c heavy cream
– 1 red pepper, chopped
– 1 fennel bulb, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced fennel bulb and
red bell pepper and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium
heat. Add minced garlic and tarragon and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add 1 Tbsp flour and stir. Then add heavy cream, whisking constantly to remove any
clumps. Stir until thick and then set aside. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Once the pepper and fennel are tender, remove from skillet and set aside.
5. Using the same large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Season
pork blade steaks generously with salt and pepper and cook on medium-high heat until
the internal temperature is 150ºF (about 5-7 minutes per side). Let the steak rest for 5-
10 minutes before serving
6. Bring tarragon sauce back to a light simmer and serve warm over steak and sauteed
You all know I’m a huge fan of ButcherBox and their grass fed beef, pork and chicken.
This week only we are running a great deal for our PFW readers who want to try ButcherBox.
Just click here and you’ll automatically get FREE ribeye steaks and $10 off added to your first order!
The offer is only valid until Tuesday the 9th of June. Find out more here .