Alfie and I are at it again this week with another delicious paleo Indian food recipe!
This week, we’re bringing you Beef Buffad.
If you haven’t read yet, Alfie is my friend from Paleo Diet 4 Beginners and he’s sharing with us several of his unique, traditional Indian recipes.
Find out more about Alfie in last week’s post for Chicken Tikka here.
When cooking any of these recipes, you’ll need lots of spices.
That’s what Indian food is all about, right??
So you might want to invest in a nice spice rack, like this one, if you don’t have one already.
For now, enjoy this yummy Beef Buffad and look forward to more yummy recipes coming soon!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (I like this brand)
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 green chilies (chopped)
- 3.5 cm ginger (chopped)
- 750 g braising steak (cubed)
- ½ tsp chili powder (Find it here)
- 1 tsp turmeric (Find it here)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin (Find it here)
- 1 tbsp coriander (Find it here)
- ½ tsp cinnamon (Find it here)
- ½ tsp cloves (ground) (Find it here)
- 300 ml coconut milk (I like this brand)
- 150 ml vinegar (I use Apple Cider Vinegar like this one)
- Salt (This is my preferred salt)
- Fry onions in heated oil until just turning brown. Add garlic, ginger and chilies and fry for around 1 minute.
- Add beef and all other spices. Cook for around 5 minutes stirring well.
- Add coconut milk. This should just cover the meat (add a little water if needed to just cover the meat). Throw in some salt to taste and now get it to the point of just simmering. Cover and cook until the meat is tender, this takes me around 90 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook for a further 30 minutes. The result should be tender meat and a thick gravy.
Alfie from www.paleodiet4beginners.com has been helping readers lose weight without
starvation, mood swings or counting calories. Join him as he shares exactly what worked for him,
scientific evidence (from real papers) and free recipes.
Connect With Alfie
What’s your favorite Indian dish? What kinds of recipes would you like to see on Paleo for Women?